Hello! I'm Sarah, from Two Brown Bears.
After my second son was born, I took extended maternity leave so I could be with the kids. Not one to sit still for very long, I enlisted my talented Mum to teach me to sew some basic items. That day we made a dress and I thought it was so difficult and such a long process! But with some practice, online patterns, tutorials and experimenting with items, I started to love this new-found hobby.
Soon I was sewing for my boys and then decided to leap into 'market life'.
For me, sewing is self-care – I LOVE it and enjoy listening to podcasts or audiobooks while I sew. Seeing my clothing on babies and kids in photos online or out and about on the streets is so thrilling.
What you can expect when you purchase an item from Two Brown Bears:
- 100% handmade products – designed and made in Ballarat.
- Comfortable and modern style.
- Practical clothing which is also fun so kids can simply ‘be kids’.
- Different fabrics and designs are sourced from local stores as well as overseas.
- Good quality cotton twill and cotton lycra to ensure softness against your child’s skin.